Safety Guidelines at The Grove
It is hard to believe we start public performances tomorrow! We are so excited to share these incredible and resonant productions with you. As promised, in an earlier blog post, I am writing to update you on the COVID-related rules and regulations you can expect when you come to the Audrey Stanley Grove this summer. We have, I believe, come up with a set of guidelines that provide a balanced blend of safety, acknowledgement of the ongoing pandemic, and outdoor fun:
- Be kind to one another and to us. We promise to be kind to you. We’ve all been through a lot in the past year! If you attend one of our live performances, we ask that you treat one another gently and respectfully.
Tickets may not be purchased on-site and must be ordered online or via email.
- Tickets may be picked up at the Box Office Will Call window, however, and box office personnel will be available for solving any customer service issues.
- Ticketed groups (those who purchased tickets together) will be allowed to sit together regardless of group size. Six feet of space will be provided between all ticketed groups.
- All groundling seats will be pre-assigned this year to allow for social distancing. There is no need to line up in advance for a groundling spot. If you are seated in the center groundling blanket area, please bring your own blanket/rug to sit on; no low beach chairs may be used in this area. If you are seated in a side groundling box, low beach chairs will be pre-placed for you. Please do not bring your own beach chairs to the theater.
- Masks must be worn when you are not in your designated seats. This includes entering and exiting the theatre, moving through our parking lot and lobby, or using the restrooms. If you forget to bring a mask, we will have masks on hand for your use.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you may remove your mask once seated. Eating and drinking will be allowed in the theatre.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you must wear your mask throughout your visit to the Grove.
- Regardless of your vaccination status, you may, of course, wear your mask at any time.
- All of the performers in our season are fully vaccinated and will be performing without masks. On brief occasions, they may walk within six feet of you if you are seated on an aisle.
- The Boyle Family Picnic area will be open and available for use prior to the show. Picnic tables may be reserved by donors at the Associate Producer level and above, and are otherwise available on a first-come, first-served basis. Picnic tables will be kept six feet apart and may not be moved. You may unmask while seated at one.
- If you object to these rules, we respectfully ask that you do not attend live performances this summer. Our plays will also be offered on a virtual streaming platform in August and will be viewable in the comfort of your home.
- If you cannot follow these guidelines but chose to attend anyway, you will be asked to leave.
- These protocols are subject to change based on the state of the pandemic and evolving CDC, state, and county guidelines. We will keep you updated should any changes occur.
I am so happy that we will gather again this summer after so long apart, and grateful that we can do so safely. I can’t wait to welcome you back to The Grove!
Santa Cruz Shakespeare